Lily Wolf Word's Pages
- About Lily Wolf Words
- Writing Bio
- Resources for SPD, Mental/Emotional Disorders and Other Special Needs
- Im Not Weird, I Have SPD
- Dark Water
- Blackbird Flies
- Out Of Sync
- Not Just Spirited
- White Elephants
- Just Shut Up and Drive
- Print Magazines
- Special Interviews
- Online Work
- What's Chynna Reading?
- Sign our Guestbook!
- Chynna's Gift of Reading
Monday, May 9, 2016
Music Mantra Monday: Songs That Tug At Your Heartstrings
Today, I thought I'd compile a few that have touched me for different reasons, which I'll share why. Just click on the links to hear the music.
Please feel free to share your own songs, even in video.
Have a happy Monday.
1. Only Time - Enya: I have to say, Enya is one of those artists who can trigger a heart string or two just from her voice. This song is one that gives hope, inspires love and makes a person want to keep moving forward, even if they think they can't.
2. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton: You all know Eric is one of my favorite artists but this song is incredible. Inspired by his personal loss of losing his son, this just makes me tear up every time I listen to it.
3. Sounds of Silence- Simon and Garfunkel: This song reminds me of my Bonus Dad, who I sang this with. All you have to do is listen to the lyrics. It has been the inspiration of many movies about the Vietnam war.
4. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd: For every person who has ever lost someone that meant the world to them, this will hit you hard. He wrote this song for a band member who he lost. The live version is fantastic.
5. Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney: Okay, you all know what the Beatles mean to me and my family. This song is all about loyalty, devotion and undying love.
6. Stairway To Heaven - Led Zepplin: Okay. Seriously. What kid from the '80s doesn't remember dying to want to be asked to dance to this song at a school dance? This song makes me think of those who are hurting and want to connect out there some way.
7.Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day: This song gets me every time, especially since one of my brothers wants me to sing it at his funeral. The lead singer wrote it to the love of his life that he had to let go so she could pursue her own life dreams...without him.
8. Hurt - Johnny Cash: This song is so heartbreaking...and beautiful. It was the last song Johnny recorded. Nothing else needs to be said.
9. I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan: I sang this to Sophie when she was in my belly, unsure if we'd even get to see here. And I hear it whenever I think of those I've loved and lost.
10. Blackbird - The Beatles: I don't even think I even need to explain why this song is such a huge significance to me and my family. I sang it to Jaimie whenever she was in her darkest places, I sing it to Xander to calm him enough to hear me, and I listened to it whenever I felt lost. And Jaimie had the awe of having him sing it to her a few feet from her. A moment I, and she, will NEVER forget.