Lily Wolf Word's Pages
- About Lily Wolf Words
- Writing Bio
- Im Not Weird, I Have SPD
- Don't Rush Me
- Not Just Spirited
- |A Mom Path of Creating Brain, Body and Nutritiona...
- Dark Water
- Blackbird Flies
- Just Shut Up and Drive
- Passing Loop
- White Elephants
- Out Of Sync
- Print Magazines
- Special Interviews
- Online Work
Friday, March 3, 2017
Food For Thought Friday: Pepper Pizza
This 'pizza' uses the same toppings as any other pizza, but the crust is the peppers. You can tweak this recipe to suit your tastes. For example, for those who are total vegan can find vegan cheese to use instead of regular cheese.
Also, you can use any color peppers you want. I used all the sweeter ones (orange, yellow and red) as I find they have more flavor that the green and seem to truly enhance the sauce and toppings. Even my son loved this one and he is one fussy dude.
Have fun, and if you try this recipe out write your experience with it in the comments.
6 bell peppers
couple tablespoons of olive oil (set aside in a small glass)
Jar of pasta sauce (I make my own)
1/2 brick of mozzarella cheese (you can add other cheeses like Parmesan, feta, cheddar, etc.)
Your favorite pizza toppings
1. Core the peppers, removing the seeds, then cut them in half.
2. Place peppers on a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan, trying to get them as close together as possible.
3. Use a small cooking brush (the ones that look like mini paint brushes but for food), to coat the inside of each pepper. Add salt.
4. Carefully spoon sauce into each pepper, then add your toppings.
5. Pile that cheese on! It doesn't matter if it spills over into a neighbor pepper. That's why they are supposed to be close together. Make it seem more like 'real' pizza.
6. Put in a *350 oven for about 20 minutes. Remove to cool when the peppers are soft and all toppings are cooked through. (Watch them. It doesn't take long for them to cook.)
Video trailer for BLACKBIRD FLIES!
Video Trailor for JUST SHUT UP and DRIVE