Lily Wolf Word's Pages
- About Lily Wolf Words
- Writing Bio
- Im Not Weird, I Have SPD
- Don't Rush Me
- Not Just Spirited
- Dark Water
- Blackbird Flies
- Just Shut Up and Drive
- Passing Loop
- White Elephants
- Out Of Sync
- Print Magazines
- Special Interviews
- Online Work
- Chynna's Gift of Reading
- Resources for SPD, Mental/Emotional Disorders and Other Special Needs
Friday, April 1, 2016
Food For Thought Fridays: Greek Pasta
And for those of you, like me, who are going the gluten-free route, you can always switch the pasta up to gluten-free. I tried some and it isn't too bad. ;)
1 can sliced black olives
tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 package mini tomatoes, sliced in half
1 package (depending on the size of people you're feeding) pasta...we prefer spaghettini
cup of feta cheese
teaspoon of nutmeg
1. Boil pasta according to package directions (it is a bit different for gluten-free than regular).
2. While pasta drains, heat up oil then crush garlic and throw it in for about three to five minutes.
3. Take out garlic then put tomatoes in garlicky oil mixture until the tomatoes start to have the consistency of a chunky sauce.
4. Add olives, cooking about 5 minutes.
5. Once olives are softened, turn heat off then add pasta, nutmeg and feta. (I usually add more because we are feta fans here but it is up to your own taste).
Give a big stir then add a Greek salad or garlic bread as a side.