Lily Wolf Word's Pages
- About Lily Wolf Words
- Writing Bio
- Im Not Weird, I Have SPD
- Don't Rush Me
- Not Just Spirited
- |A Mom Path of Creating Brain, Body and Nutritiona...
- Dark Water
- Blackbird Flies
- Just Shut Up and Drive
- Passing Loop
- White Elephants
- Out Of Sync
- Print Magazines
- Special Interviews
- Online Work
- Chynna's Gift of Reading
- Resources for SPD, Mental/Emotional Disorders and Other Special Needs
Friday, October 26, 2018
Foodie Fridays - No Bake Chocolate Muskrat Cookies
This has to be one of the easiest cookie recipes I've ever worked with, and one of my kids' favorites. Let's just say I'm lucky there are any left by the time I finish cleaning the pot I made them in.
The only key to this is to make sure you have the ingredients all ready to go because it prep time goes really fast.
Although I had a few of these as a kid, they are a family tradition to the Christmas treat pile on my husband's side. There are ways to tweak it to different flavors, you know, if you live with a chocolate allergy like I do (yes...I hear all of your gasps and feel the virtual hugs of sympathy). I still think caramel or vanilla ones would be great too. Or even chocolatey mint!
But, back to chocolate.
This recipe makes yields 24 cookies, but I make a mix of bigger and teeny ones for variety. Let's get baking! Be sure to let me know if you try this one.
No Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies (aka Muskrat Cookies)
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 Tbsps cocoa (I sometimes 'accidentally' add more)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 unsalted butter or margerine
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups quick oats
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, milk, butter and salt. Heat to boiling, stirring often. When a low boil is reached, cook for another 3 - 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Remove pan from heat and quickly mix in the vanilla, oats and coconut until combined.
3) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. You might have to press them down a bit so they hold together.
4) Let cool until fully set, about 5 minutes.
Video trailer for BLACKBIRD FLIES!
Video Trailor for JUST SHUT UP and DRIVE