Lily Wolf Word's Pages
- About Lily Wolf Words
- Writing Bio
- Im Not Weird, I Have SPD
- Don't Rush Me
- Not Just Spirited
- |A Mom Path of Creating Brain, Body and Nutritiona...
- Dark Water
- Blackbird Flies
- Just Shut Up and Drive
- Passing Loop
- White Elephants
- Out Of Sync
- Print Magazines
- Special Interviews
- Online Work
- Chynna's Gift of Reading
- Resources for SPD, Mental/Emotional Disorders and Other Special Needs
Friday, November 30, 2018
Foodie Fridays ~ Yummy (Believe It Or Not) Zucchini Cookies
Okay, I think I can actually hear some of you actively clicking away from this recipe post not being able to compute 'yummy' with 'zucchini cookie'. I was pleasantly surprised too, and I don't know whether it's the spices thrown in or the chewy, buttery texture but it just works.
I make a mean zucchini banana bread, which is exactly like regular banana bread with a few visible green bits here and there. This was given a stamp of approval so I thought I'd try it a different way.
This recipe is very easy and you can treat it like an oatmeal chocolate chip recipe only most of your moisture will be from the egg and the zucchini. And if you add in a few chocolate, butterscotch, yogurt or vanilla chips in there, who'll notice?
As always, you can tweak this to your own personal dietary needs using different kinds of flours or sugar options. But it will still turn out great.
Have fun, and let me know if you try it out.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup margarine, butter or shortening
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup of sweet chips of your choosing
1. Cream butter/margarine/shortening with butter. Add egg and mix until incorporated.
2. Add zucchini and vanilla to wet mixture.
3. Mix and blend all dry ingredients in separate bowl, then slowly add wet ingredients (this is where you can throw in your sweet chips).
4. Scoop onto lightly greased or parchment covered cookie sheet in spoofuls and bake at 350* for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing. Enjoy!
Video trailer for BLACKBIRD FLIES!
Video Trailor for JUST SHUT UP and DRIVE