Lily Wolf Word's Pages
- About Lily Wolf Words
- Writing Bio
- Im Not Weird, I Have SPD
- Don't Rush Me
- Not Just Spirited
- |A Mom Path of Creating Brain, Body and Nutritiona...
- Dark Water
- Blackbird Flies
- Just Shut Up and Drive
- Passing Loop
- White Elephants
- Out Of Sync
- Print Magazines
- Special Interviews
- Online Work
- Chynna's Gift of Reading
- Resources for SPD, Mental/Emotional Disorders and Other Special Needs
Friday, February 22, 2019
Foodie Friday ~ Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake
I came across this recipe idea through a recipe site called, Delish. If you're looking for new meal ideas, this is an awesome one to include in your favorites.
Now, I'm all about making most of my stuff from scratch. I really don't trust jarred or canned stuff and because I need to monitor everything I put in my body right now, homemade or fresh is best. I make my own snacks, pizza dough, and sauce (which can be pasta or pizza sauce). I have been known to even make my own pasta but it is so time-consuming I admit that I have caved and bought top of the line packaged stuff most times now.
For this dish, you only need three ingredients: sauce (bought or homemade), tortellini (there are many different varieties to choose from) and cheese (WIDE open field there). Anything else you want to add to it (spinach, spices, herbs, extra meat) is entirely up to you and your palate. I've made a few variations depending on what my kids crave at a particular time.
All you need to do is:
1) Preheat the oven to 350*.
2) Grease a casserole dish that will fit the amount of tortellini you'll be preparing.
3) Pour enough of whatever type of sauce you choose to cover the bottom of the dish.
4) Put about 1/3 of your tortellini on the bottom, then a layer of your cheese mix on top of it. (Note: If you are adding meat or spinach, you can add that before adding your layer of cheese. If you're using fresh tortellini, you're good to go. If you have frozen, just cook or thaw it until soft.)
5) Alternate between the tortellini and cheese (or the addition you created) until all tortellini is in the dish, then be sure to put a nice pile of cheese on top.
6) Cover with tin foil, then bake for about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour or until cheese is bubbly. Since everything is already cooked, you're really just melding all the flavors together and melting the cheese.
I'm hungry now just thinking about this so I'm going to leave you with this recipe idea. If you give it a go, let me know.
Video trailer for BLACKBIRD FLIES!
Video Trailor for JUST SHUT UP and DRIVE