We need more positive stuff out there. Finding something good in each day (even on the crappiest of days) can brighten things up. So our Sunday segment will be a shout-out to good things. I even made it easy by thinking of only five enlightening things that happened over the past week.
Ready? Here's my top 5:
1) I was overwhelmingly tired and cranky last weekend. Let's just say that if I could have stayed in the fetal position in my onesie, covers hiked up to my ears, avoiding everything and everyone in the universe, that would have been peachy. Of course, that's unacceptable behavior for a mom so I just duked it out with the day, praying for bedtime. As I made dinner, the date caught my eye then it hit me like a tornado: it was 3-year anniversary of my favorite uncle's death. I can't explain our relationship right now or how much he meant to me but his death left a massive hole that I still have no idea how to fill. But this year...I began an acceptance. I put a picture of him and me on my work desk, some of his ashes my aunt gave me are in a beautiful music box on the bookshelf he gave me and I wrote a story about him. See, the ashes part may seem gross to some of you but he promised to always be there to watch over me and that he'd kick me in the rear when I wavered. I guess that's what happened. I still miss him so much but I can accept that he'll never leave me.
2) I signed a contract with a new publisher for my Watcher series. It's exciting to focus on writing again.
3) I got an 88% on my Psychology quiz. Not too shabby.
4) I had a good health week. My nutritionist is proud, my liver enzymes are high, but not as bad as usual (little high five), and I've made sure to get a bit of a walk in every day.
5) I am most proud of my one kiddo who hasn't had the easiest time this year but makes the brave effort to conquer each day as best as they can - no matter the hurdle. If that doesn't define inspiration, I really don't have clue what does.
What are your 5 good things?